The Society of Interventional Oncology (SIO) is pleased to announce a hands-on Breast Cryoablation Master Class on Thursday 25 January 2024, taking place in conjunction with the SIO Annual Scientific Meeting. This Master Class will be the first of its kind to be organized by a major radiology society.
During this half-day program, attendees will learn from multidisciplinary experts in the fields of breast imaging, interventional radiology, surgical oncology, medical oncology, and radiation oncology. Attendees can expect a comprehensive course where they will learn about the basics of ablative therapies, breast cancer therapies, and patient selection for breast ablation through didactic presentations, case-based sessions, and dedicated hands-on training led by expert faculty.
This course will cover:
- Basic cryoablation and thermoprotective techniques
- Key elements of pre-ablation imaging
- Fundamentals techniques in breast cryoablation
- Breast cancer cryoablation: How I do it (case-based) presentations
- Multidisciplinary tumor board
- Post-ablation imaging: Algorithm and imaging findings
- Patient follow-up in breast cryoablation: Managing complications
- Cryoablation in advanced breast cancer: “Pushing the envelope”
- Breast cancer cryoablation and immunotherapy: The new frontier
- Basics of surgical and medical therapy for breast cancer
- Literature review of notable studies for breast cryoablation
- Building a successful breast cryoablation practice
Held in conjunction with the SIO 2024 Annual Meeting.