About the Society of Interventional Oncology
Established in January of 2017 by the Board of Directors of WCIO, SIO is a non-profit association that supports and promotes the field of interventional oncology (IO). WCIO will now be known as SIO's Annual Scientific Meeting.
Learn more here.
About SIO Central
SIO Central is an online, open-access, community for Interventional Oncology professionals to engage in 24/7, 365 days a year. IO Central is designed to advance Interventional Oncology (IO) as the 4th pillar of cancer therapy alongside medical, surgical and radiation oncology worldwide.
The goals of SIO Central are:
- To bring together physicians, researchers, industry and members of the IO community-at-large for online dialogue and learning;
- To create an open access online community with discussion forums, special interest groups, and news feeds;
- To establish an electronic newsletter that pushes out the latest information available on IO and draws individuals interested in IO to the IO online community;
- To actively engage the IO community through interactive Tumor Boards and Expert Panels on diseases and technology;
- To archive the sessions from the WCIO meeting to provide enduring education to the IO Community for individuals to access on demand; and
- To leverage emerging communication technologies, including social media vehicles, to connect IO professionals with each other and engage them in online discussions related to IO.
SIO Central is brought to you by SIO whose membership benefits also include discounted attendance to the World Conference on Interventional Oncology, and IO Insights, a weekly eNewsletter. To learn more about SIO membership visit our member types webpage.
If you have questions or comments to share about SIO Central, please contact email@example.com
SIO Vision Statement
To advance Interventional Oncology (IO) as the fourth pillar of cancer therapy alongside medical, surgical, and radiation oncology worldwide.
SIO Mission Statement
SIO's mission is to advance interventional oncology by developing evidence supporting IO therapies, educating IO practitioners, and improving patient access to IO therapies.