SIO Case Spotlight Information
To submit to Case Spotlight, first complete the Case Spotlight Submission Request Form.
If your case is selected, you will be sent a presentation template with which to complete your submission. Final presentations must be no more than 10-15 slides including the following:
- Title, Author(s), and Institution
- Any relevant disclosures
- 1 slide clinical information
- 2 slides with imaging content that should support diagnostic questions/concept to test.
- 2 slides with multiple-choice questions, correct answer highlighted.
- 5-7 slides with educational content that fully explain the diagnosis or concept tested.
- 1 slide should include relevant references
Your presentation will then be reviewed by our panel of associate editors. Revisions may be requested.
To site your published case, we recommend the following formats:
Author A, Author B. Case Title. SIO Case Spotlight. 2018. URLHERE Accessed July 1, 2019.
- Approved cases, depending on potential requested revisions, will be featured in IO Insights and posted SIO Central website within 3 months of presentation completion.
- All cases are put through review by our panel of associate editors.
- Fellow and resident submissions must include a supervising or attending radiologist
- Physician submissions are not required to have resident or medical student co-authors
- Author head shots may be submitted to be included in IO Insights feature article