SIO2022 Health and Safety Updates
Coming together safely for SIO2022 is a priority for the Society of Interventional Oncology. We recognize the unique and changing impact the pandemic has had on our practices, families, and plans over the last two years. This is why SIO has collaborated with CLEAR Health Pass to help provide a safe experience for you at SIO2022. With CLEAR’s Health Pass your COVID-19 health screening is quick, easy, and secure for all on-site attendees, exhibitors, and staff. More information on how to complete the health screening will be released prior to the event.
If you are not able to join us in person, we encourage you to purchase the Technology Pass with select live-session access.
Get quick answers to our on-site safety requirements.
Are masks required?
- SIO2022 will be adhering to San Francisco local guidance with regards to masking. Non-vaccinated attendees will be required to wear masks indoors while vaccinated attendees are not required to wear masks indoors.
- Disposable masks will be made available at the registration desk for all attendees and staff.
Is there a vaccination requirement?
- Yes, vaccination or a negative PCR COVID-19 test (within 72 hours of the start of the meeting) is required for in-person attendance. The most effective way to ensure the safety of all attendees is for you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- A person is considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen
- Booster shots are highly encouraged.
What is the process for Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test?
- Download the CLEAR Health Pass app before the event, follow the prompts, and provide your green Health Pass at the meeting checkpoint at the designated entrance of the SIO2022 event. More information on how to do this will be available in the coming weeks prior to the event.
If I need it, where should I go for COVID-19 testing when in San Francisco?
- Resources near the hotel will be identified for attendees to obtain a PCR test for those who experience symptoms when in San Francisco and for those who must show proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test in order to board their return flight. Please check back closer to the event for a list of these resources.
Any other health and safety measures I should be aware of?
- Disposable masks, alcohol wipes, and hand sanitizer will be available at the meeting.
- Session rooms and the Exhibit Hall will be set up to accommodate attendees who prefer more physical distance as well as those who prefer to sit closer.
- Session rooms and AV equipment will be disinfected after each session and common areas will be disinfected.
- Food safety protocols will be followed.
- Food and beverages will be provided in individual packaging when possible (e.g., boxed meals, wrapped snacks).
- International attendees should always check current travel restrictions to the U.S. on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website before planning your travel to make sure you will be able to enter the U.S. and return to your home country. If you are an international attendee and your vaccination record was not issued by the United States Centers for Disease Control please plan to bring your proof of vaccination for verification and admission to the SIO2022 event in San Francisco.
- Information on health and safety procedures for events hosted in San Francisco:
- US Center For Disease Control
- About Covid-19
- When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
*This page was last updated 11 Jan 2022.